Friday, January 30, 2015

Love U

Hello! Today's Clean And Simple 4 class at OnlineCardClasses was all about inking. So, I decided to get super inky. ;) I also used my Cricut Explore to create a mask for the first time! Fun stuff! I cut this image from the Valentine's Day cartridge out of Post-It Craft Paper. I put the dial on the Explore on the cardstock setting, and it cut like a dream. I started by inking up the panel with spun sugar and worn lipstick Distress inks. Then I put the mask on. 
I sprayed picked raspberry distress ink in a mini mister over it. And then I flicked on some of that ink. Then I sprayed it with Gold Lame Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray. It looks SO COOL in real life. Basically impossible to get a good picture of all the shine. 
After I took off the mask, I also flicked on some gold color shine. This card looks different depending on how the light catches it. :) 

Happy Friday! I hope you have an awesome weekend!

♥ Nikki ♥


8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so cool. What a great job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Fantastic take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous...especially the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft pinks and the gold spritzing really adds a romantic interest to the card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color shine gold is awesome. It does look so different depending on the angle. Beautiful card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!