Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Thinking of you

Hello! It's day 2 of Clean And Simple 4 class at Online Card Classes. Today I fell in LOVE with the fabulous Shari Carroll's awesome technique...stamping with fun foam! I am seriously smitten with this technique. Incredibly easy. Incredibly fun! I used the Pointed Feather Dies from Simon Says Stamp. I cut it out of white fun foam to make my stamp. I inked it up with Mint Julep Hero Arts Shadow Ink and then rock-n-rolled on some Soft Pool ink. While I liked the first stamping, I super loved the second generation stamping...and that's what I used on my card. :) Subtle and lovely. 
I also cut some vellum feathers with the Pointed Feather Dies. I used the ink splotch stamps from the Family Is Everything set from MyCreativeTime to add gold embossing to my vellum feathers. For the sentiment, I used the Chocolate Greetings set from MyCreativeTime

♥ Nikki ♥




10 comments:

  1. wow nikki, this is amazing! i'm hoping to play with paper and ink tomorrow and get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say this is amazing card love all the details, guess you see me scrap lifting this style!
    Hugs
    The Scrapbooking Queen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a beautiful take on the technique for today - I love the colors you have used, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki ~ GORGEOUS card! The colors, the technique and the whole design! FAB as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold on the vellum and the subtle color of the stamped feathers. So pretty!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki, your card is amazing! I love the golden splatters on the vellum.
    Yesterday I found time to create some fun-foam-stamps, today they will get "dirty" too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea, love your card. I'm also on the class and your wonderful card caught my eye in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love that pop of gold :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!