Monday, January 26, 2015

An Orchard of thanks!

Hiya! Today is day 1 of the Clean And Simple 4 class at Online Card Classes. The fabulous Julie Ebersole showed a cool technique called Faux Ceramic Tile. I decided to give it a go. :) For my version, I started by gluing 2 pieces of watercolor paper together. I put post it paper over that. Then I used the little apple die from the Love To Learn Dies from MyCreativeTime. I peeled off different areas of the mask so I could color my apple with shadow inks and daubers. Then I spattered with black soot distress ink....and then I added clear embossing powder to make it tile-ish. :) The greeting is from the Fruit Sentiments One set from PeachyKeenStamps

I ♥ taking classes at Online Card Classes...really gets ye olde creative mojo flowin'!

♥ Nikki ♥

13 comments:

  1. SO awesome. What a great technique (did I spell that right LOL). Your card looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card a cute bright apple and them lush black splatters, fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to try this technique today, but didn't have all the supplies.:( Your card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Can't wait to try this technique out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool look with the black soot splatter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki ~ EEEKKKK ~ LURVE it!! Oh my it totally looks like real tile!!! Holy smokes!! Dang it I knew I should have taken this class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look like a piece of tile! Very cool technique. Great job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card turned out wonderful with this technique. I am also in the class and knew I must have something I could use in place of the the tiles Julie used. Since you nailed it, I now know what I will be using =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful! I thought no one would do this technique from the class because it seemed to be the most difficult but almost every one I have seen is Julie's technique lol. Not saying it is bad, I think it was the most beautiful so I really don't blame everyone for making it happen :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!