Monday, September 26, 2011

Owl Mania...

Hello! Ok, well maybe not owl mania, but I just love this adorable owl image from the Beary Merry Christmas set from PinkByDesign. For this card I kept it very simple because I just LOVE this patterned paper! I thought it was perfect because to me, it looks like multi-colored feathers. :) The paper is from the 12 days of Christmas collection by My Mind's Eye. 
The sentiment is also from the Beary Merry Christmas set from PinkByDesign.  Ok...I loved this little owl so much, I thought it was a darn shame to only use it for Christmas...sooooo....I made it a witch! :)
Sorry the pic is horrible, but you get the idea. I used a post it note to mask of the santa hat and music notes...I then stamped the witch hat from the Cute Halloween set from PinkByDesign. It actually looks like it was made to fit this sweet owl! CUTE!!! The sentiment is from the You're a Hoot by PinkByDesign. I mounted it on the Scallop and Stitched Circle die from MyCreativeTime
I used the negative of the scalloped circle I cut for my first card to make a window card base. Waste not, want not! ;) OH, almost forgot...I used the Houndstooth background to stamp the base the owl is on. I stamped it in black and blended on the new ripe persimmon distress ink from the limited seasonal inks.

I hope you are OWL having a great day! Hehehehe

♥ Nikki ♥

11 comments:

  1. OH goodness, you've outdone yourself! These are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like it was made for that owl! You are so flippin' talented and creative! I LOVE it!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!! This is too too too cute!! LOVE them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!! i love how you switched up the owl.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME cards! I love them both. You are good girl! Saw you over at Cardmonkey and thought I would stop in. New follower ;)

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry...not Cardmonkey (I was just there..had it on my mind). Saw you over at Faithfule Creations. Jeez! I'm silly this morning....and I have already had some caffeine. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're cards are a hoot! Great colors and fun sentiments! I love them so much (and your friend providing the sound effects in the background on your blog, oh, now it's Sarah Mclachlin)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job masking for that hat. I would have thought it came like that already. Great job! Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!