Friday, September 23, 2011

Fight Like A Girl...

Hello. The other day my cousin posted on Facebook that her friend had just been diagnosed with breast cancer, so I decided to make her a couple cards to give to her friend during the diffucult times to come. For this first one I used the Houndstooth background stamp from PinkByDesign for the patterned panel behind the girl. The girl is from the Forever Young cricut cartridge. I cut her at 5 inches and used the Extra Small Polka Dot  from PeachyKeenStamps.com to emboss her dress.
I used spun sugar distress ink to color her dress. The sentiment {which I think is awesome} is from the Breast Wishes set from PinkByDesign. Sorry the pictures look so weird. It's raining and gloomy here.

For this card I used the Race For a Cure Charity Set from MyCreativeTime. And as the name of the set suggests, some proceeds from this set go to charity. :) I embossed the ribbons on the background with white embossing powder and went over that with spun sugar distress ink. Spun sugar is the PERFECT pink for Breast Cancer cards!
I stamped the Extra Small Polka Dot and over that stamped the large focal point ribbon. I then heat embossed them with white embossing powder and cut around the ribbon. I dry embossed the black piece with the swiss dots cuttlebug folder and used my Martha Stewart score board to make two lines to put my gems in. The perfect sentiment is also from the Race For A Cure Charity Set from MyCreativeTime.

♥ Nikki ♥


ENABLING ALERT!!!!

Use this code 3000likes TODAY to get 30% off at the PinkByDesign store!!!

10 comments:

  1. These cards are sooo beautiful! I love them. You are such an enabler. Just went over to Pink by Design and picked out 13 backgrounds and a sentiment stamp set that I've been wanting. What a deal. Thanks for the heads up.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
    Come enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I love that you are making cards for your cousin to give to her friend to support her during this trial. She will LOVE it!!

    hugs,
    michelle

    http://michelles-crafty-creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, so pink and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the cards! As a breast cancer survivor, I can tell you first hand how much cards like these will mean to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out beautiful and are going to be a great encouragement. You are so thoughtful and talented! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki, your cards are gorgeous and will be much appreciated! I especially love the one with the girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love these cards. They are just gorgeous. You are so thoughtful and I know this will mean everything to this friend. Thanks for all your inspiration!
    Cricut Hugs,
    Terri
    http://memorycatchers-terri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! I love the fight like a girl. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Cards! Yep, you're an enabler. I caved. (lol) Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!