Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hoppy Hello *Throwback Thursday Challenge*




Hoppy Hello peeps! Emma has started a Throwback Thursday challenge over on her blog called My Creative Time. She is my new bestie, so I was stoked to give this a go {Aussie Lingo!} HEHEHE....Anyhoo, the idea behind the challenges will be to use our poor neglected older cricut cartridges. For her first challenge we were to use Animal Kingdom. If you don't have it, don't get your kangaroo tail in a twist...Just do a project with an animal theme. ;o) I have to say that this card just makes me happy! I love the Mama and baby roo's!

 
I stamped hi on the little roo's belly as a fun little surprise for the recipient to see when they pull her up. The ADORABLE faces were stamped with the Animal Faces Medium set from PeachyKeenStamps.com. For the baby roo I added an open mouth to make it look like she was yawning. The sunshine is cut out from Doodlecharms and it's face is stamped with the new stamp set called Princess Face Assortment from PeachyKeen. I used this stamp set on my Pin-up girl, but this shows you that they're super versatile! Love that set! The hoppy Hello sentiment is from papertreyink.com and so are the papers used here except for the patterned paper grass.

I hope you're having a Roo-tastic day! Head on over to Emma's Blog to join in on the new challenge fun!

BIG KANGAROO HUGS!!!!
Nikki

20 comments:

  1. Love it!!! So cute - I cannot wait to get home from work to design my own.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful!!!! Love the Roo's!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Off to Emma's to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I have this cartridge and never saw the kangaroo! I'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Miss Nikki! I LOVE IT!!! I am SOOO HAPPY you are playing along w/my VERY 1st challenge!!
    BIG HUGS to you my friend!
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out SO super cute!!! You girls are making me wish I had ordered the animal kingdom stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Adorable! LOVE it!!! I can't wait to get more peachy keen stamps, they all seem so useful! I know the one set I have is used at least daily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki - this is so cute! I love kangaroos :) I don't have the Animal Kingdom cartridge - but I may have to snatch it up. So many adorable animal ideas have come from this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooooo cute and just makes me smile....I just love all of your creations Nikki....Ü

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Nikki, I love all your designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG You crack me up with all your songs that go with your cards. Where you find some of these is a mystery to me! LOL Ok but really now, your card is awesome. I love the kangaroos! And those pretty butterflies and the stitching on the clouds...I love everything! You rock! Hugs, Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) WOW... KA- NIKKI!! THIS card is just too cute! The princess face on the sun is the bomb! I love the kangaroos and your whole scene on the front! You are so good! :)Hugs and tons of Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. you crack me up. I love the music you use with all your cards. that is sooooooo cool. love the card. great job. thanks for sharing. i always get a smile on my face when going to your blog.

    hugs
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Wow! That is such a sweet card! I love those little kangaroos. You are SO clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very cute! So creative...
    Visit me at http://cheryl-gibson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUPER CUTE!!! Glad to hope over from Emma's blog! :o)

    Lori
    thepaisleyturtle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That card is so super cute. GL on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so adorable! I was thinking of doing the same kangaroo too! I love yours tho, it's so cute, like always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on winning this time!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!