Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You're a scream!

Hello! I felt like stamping this morning, so I did. :) I used 4 different sets from PinkByDesign. First I made the ice cream from the Sweet Summer set using berrylicious and lime pastel colorbox fluid chalk inks and a technique called "kissing". To do this technique you ink up the solid image {the ice cream} and "kiss" it to another stamp. I used the Tiny Dots background stamp from PinkByDesign. By "kissing" the inked solid stamp to the NON inked Tiny Dots stamp, it removes ink from the solid stamp and leaves dots behind! Cool, huh?!
For the background I used my distress markers in worn lipstick and shabby shutters to color the dots on the Bubbly Background stamp from PinkByDesign. Before I stamped it, I sprayed the stamp with perfect pearls and water in a mini mister so it would look kinda melty and marbled. I swear it looks cool in real life. And to finish, I added the sentiment from the Animated Greetings set.  Get it? Scream? Hahaha I crack me up! ;)        OH I forgot to mention that I used pumice stone distress ink for the cone from the Sweet Summer set. I stamped it off once to lighten the color before stamping on kraft. 

Sorry the photos are kinda horrible, it's still really dark here from TS Debby.

♥ Nikki ♥

14 comments:

  1. This is adorable...and another technique that I haven't tried. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Cool technique! Beautiful card :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very realistic. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful and I love the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute, love the sentiment tooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is soooo ADORABLE and YUMMY Nikki!SUPER job,Have a great day my friend!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki ~ Yet another FABULOUS card! LOVE that PERFECT, PERFECT stitching! Your post is CRACKING me up! As always LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is soooo pretty! It looks like watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card- I totally didn't know that you could use the distress markers to stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't been around for a while, but I see you still go the Touch. Very nice card, Nikki. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!