Monday, June 11, 2012

Out of difficulties grow miracles

Hiya! I had lots of fun playing with my new distress markers on this card. I stamped the Roses Background stamp from PinkByDesign with embossing ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. The embossing is key here because it creates little "pools" for think ink so the colors don't bleed together. I used spun sugar and worn lipstick distress markers for the roses and shabby shutters and crushed olive for the leaves. I just quickly scribbled on the colors and used a paintbrush and perfect pearls mixed with water to blend out the colors. I swear there is more contrast in person.
I wish the shine showed up better. Oh, I forgot to mention that I used tumbled glass ink for the blue background. I white heat embossed the sentiment from the Believe in Yourself  set also from PinkByDesign. I did it on vellum because I just couldn't stand to cover up that gorges Roses Background! I just ♥ that background! 


♥ Nikki ♥




10 comments:

  1. Love love love love this. It looks like stained glass. It's beautiful. Great job. I love the vellum touch it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card Nikki! I lub it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting technique and a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful card. So you can heat emboss on vellum and it does not become shrink plastic? Good to know!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is Stunning.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE!! I'm getting that stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!! Love your coloring!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty card!! I love the idea of embossing the outline!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!