Thursday, June 28, 2012

thank you

Hello! Happy almost Friday!!! I just want to say right off the bat that I sooooo wish this card would have photographed better! It looks a million times cooler in real life. Oh well. ANYHOO...I stamped the super awesome Lattice Background stamp from PeachyKeenStamps. I heat embossed it to make little "pools" for the inks to stay in. I used my distress markers in worn lipstick, dried marigold, mustard seed, shabby shutters, tumbled glass, and milled lavender. After I colored I spritzed it with perfect pearls and water to give it shimmer...
I used the same colors and did the same thing for the heart. {just hand cut it, no cricut}  After it dried, I added glossy accents to it. The sentiment is from the So Grateful For You set from MyCreativeTime

♥ Nikki ♥


10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!!! I need to get these markers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...I just watched a youtube vid last night on this technique...too funny! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need these markers! This is fabulous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh Nikki this is gorgeous, I love how you coloured it, makes an amazing bg as well as the main event, lol well except for the heart, but that's more of an embellie, right! LOL
    All the bg stamps are on my wish list, along with almost every single item PK sells, lmbo who can resist!!!
    ty for you sweet comment on my ton of fun card, that elephant is way to cute! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you hate when you can't get your photo to really show the detail and fabulous parts of a project! When I first saw this, it brought back a great memory for me, and that was making potholders on a loom as a kid. I love how this turned out! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work! I hope you stop by and check out my new challenge www.cricutchirp.blogspot.com

    Your blog design is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So super pretty!! Thanks for sharing ... it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikki ~ OMG! This is just STUNNING! I LOVE how bright and colorful your card turned out! I am in AWE of how you are able to do such unique cards! WOW! That heart is just the bomb too! I so have to try this!!! I REALLY want that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!