Sunday, March 25, 2012

thank you

Hiya. I ordered some sticky back canvas to try out. It is super cool stuff! I cut a piece with the XL Label die from MyCreativeTime. I stamped and inked it with distress stains in broken china and shabby shutter....Well I HATED how dark it turned out! But I didn't want to waste it so I did some googling and found a video about using embossing powders on the back/sticky part. So I made a little mask with my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and then heat embossed with clear powder. You can see the shine here
Because I used clear you can see the cool texture of the canvas through it. Oh and I removed the mask and white embossed that. It didn't turn out perfect, but I think it's cool. ;) Stitching through the canvas with twine was tricky, but I looked too plain without it. :) The sentiment is from PaperTreyInk.com. 


Happy good tv night! ;)

♥ Nikki ♥




6 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is really cool!!! Love the texure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this came out Really Nice Nikki! Love the blended background colors. The heat embossing really brings everything out/together. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki~ Oh how PRETTY! LOVE the XL label! How neat is the canvas look! Oh my! Oh the best is you sorta sewed too! Adds so much to the butterfly! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!