Saturday, February 5, 2011

Conserve Water, Drink Beer

Hello! I got new stamps from PinkByDesign in the mail yesterday...So I decided to play with em today! I used the NEW background stamp called Bubbly. I inked up the stamp with embossing ink and then put Tim Holtz distress ink over it and stamped on white cardstock. I heat embossed that with clear embossing powder. Then I used 3 colors of distress inks until I got the look I wanted. I cut the beer from the Smiley Cards cartridge and dry embossed it. Then I added 3 coats of UTEE to make the glass look real. After the last coat melted, I popped it in the freezer for a sec to make it crack a little. I swear it looks cool in real life.

The AWESOME sentiment is from the Just 4 Men set from PinkByDesign. I added Distress Rock Candy stickles to the foam...it's a really cool grungy look in real life! I hope you're having a GREAT Saturday!!!

CHEERS!
♥ Nikki ♥

Click HERE to come to Erin's Ustream tonight at 9 EST...she has a FUN announcement...and we can all get our crafty chat on!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hopefully Ustream will be nice to me this time! ☺

14 comments:

  1. LOVE your card! Perfect for any man (or woman) who drinks beer! I'll think of this card while I'm drinking my beer tonight and scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is AWESOME!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that glass! You are a GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is Awesome Nikki!! Love the background!! And the mug looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it beer o'clock already? I only just woke up. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this!! My husband would too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol - LOVE IT. Wait I am thirsty now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL My husband enjoyed this! It fits his mood tonight! hehe Cute!

    Emily
    http://www.createserendipity.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikki I love your background technique. That looks so awesome. Is there a tutorial on how to do that? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card..perfect for a guy..my hubs would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is unbelievable!! A card a man really can love!! Not sure I'd ever go through that many steps on a card... but that's also why mine won't sell :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!