Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hang in there and Meow Cards

Hello! Today's Stretch Your Dies class at OnlineCardClasses was about using small dies. So I got out my Stitched Hexy Dies from MyCreativeTime. For this card I started by watercoloring my panel with mustard seed, ripe persimmon, and picked raspberry Distress Inks. I cut out the hexagons with the Stitched Hexy Dies. Then I heat embossed the awesome Hexy Background from MyCreativeTime with gold embossing powder on vellum. Then I used that to back my hexagons to make little shakers. The greeting is from the new Tweet Me set from MyCreativeTime, and will be available for purchase tomorrow. :) Here is the other card I made using the leftover hexagons...
I gold embossed the kitty from the I Knead You set by MyFavoriteThings. It was cut out with the coordinating I Knead You Dies. The greeting is also from the I Knead You set. 

I hope you've had a great day. 

♥ Nikki ♥ 




6 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your shaker card (and the card too)! The kitty card is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on your bird card, like how the little bird is that color too, Love how you heat embossed the hexy dies. TFS Linda adnilttoh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you got 2 great cards from one die cutting. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These came out great Nikki, love seeing your projects from the class!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this release and your cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!