Thursday, September 17, 2009

Monkey Birthday Card



hi everyone! i used my new "sweethearts" cricut cartridge on this card to show that it is NOT just for lovey/wedding use only!!! it has some ADORABLE images on it!!! i just put this card together pretty quickly, and i think this lil' monkey is just the cutest thing ever! i cut the monkey at 3 3/4 inches and then cut the shadow out of lighter brown craft paper...the present is also on the "sweethearts" cartridge, and it might be my favorite present on any of my cartridges! anyhoo, i cut the present and all it's layers at 1 1/2 inches...pop dotted the monkey and gift...i ran my background paper through my cuttlebug in my happy birthday embossing folder...it is core'dinations cardstock (has a color core) so i sanded the embossed areas to achieve this look...I LOVE CORE'DINATIONS!!! it is SOOOOO COOL!!! then i added the ribbon and voila...card done.

hope you have a great day!

nikki

2 comments:

  1. He IS cute! Very nice use of him.

    I am waiting for this cart and Winter Woodland to arrive. As usual, enablers like you posted so many terrific cards that I finally saw the light and ordered them :0)

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!