Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gettin' inky with masking!!!

Hello! I have some fun masking techniques to share today using Emma's Curly Label Die. For this first card, I cut out 3 and evenly spaced the cuts on the front of a 4.25x4.25 card. I used the "negative" spaces for this card, but you'll see in a bit how I also used the "positive" cuts. For all my masking today I used Post It Craft Paper which is self adhesived backed, but not super sticky so it is PERFECT for these kinds of techniques!!! You do want to make sure you rub it down really well so the ink doesn't seep underneath your mask.
Use your ink blending tool to really blot on a lot of ink...but be sure to be careful not to rip the mask. If you did the "normal" technique of swirling on color from off the side, it might get messy! Above you can see what I used. There are copper perfect pearls and water in the mini mister. I ♥ perfect pearls!!! And here is this finished card......
The sentiment is from the This and That set from Emma. And the coordinating stamp that fits inside the die is from the Inspiring Words Accents set. The flower stamps are OLD from my stash...
Here you can see the perfect pearls sparkle a little better. And here is a card I made using the same technique, I just made a strip instead of a card front...
The sentiment is from the Wow So Many Candles set also by Emma.
I promise they stamp perfectly, I just really REALLY need to re-ink my staz-on pad! And now onto my FAVORITE card for today...I ♥ how this one turned out!
Here I used a bunch of "positive" cuts of the Curly Label Die to create my own patterned paper. Again, make sure to really rub them down so the ink doesn't get underneath them...
I blotted the ink on and then misted again with copper perfect pearls and water. See the shine? And here is the finished card which I just ♥!!!
The sentiments are from the So Grateful For You set. This is just a simple one layered card that packs a lot of punch because of the bright ink color! Here you can see the shine a little better...
Well, I hope you like my cards for today! Have a GREAT day!!!

♥ Nikki ♥

p.s. sorry for this looonnnggg post! ;)











27 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE! These are fabulous. I love your masking thingies!!!

    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool technique...love it. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this might just be one your TOP post. I love the ideas and great job using the dye. I love the Thank you card what a great idea. My favorite has to be the 1st one. Love it. Thanks for all you do and share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool, thanks for sharing!! Love all of the masking ideas!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am TOTALLY going to try this!!!!!!!!THANK YOU THANK YOU for ALWAYS ALWAYS making my stamps look PERFECTO!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv YA!
    your bestie,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicki,
    I love the way you did all of your cards today, very cool. I want Emma's die and all the future one's I'm hoping that she'll come out with.
    God Bless
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such creative ideas. Thanks so much for sharing. I learn so much from so many generous people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the tip. Love the cards.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome ideas and inspiration Nikki! You are the BOMB!!!! I love all of these. Those colors are so bright and beautiful! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every project you do is perfectly amazing! Thanks for the great tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks that was an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! This is so cute! I LOVE all the cards! I think I'm going to have to try this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for these techniques you've been sharing lately. They are great ideas. I did go and buy some perfect pearls and made me some pearl spray. It looks awesome. Thanks again.

    Vickie in N.C.
    (retired Navy wife)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous ideas Nikki!!! You are so great!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nikki you ROCKED it!!!! What an awesome job...you are so creative... tfs
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards!!!! Great techniques!! TFS YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your cards and the colors you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful, beautiful cards you make!

    rissaflor@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nikki,
    Love all the ways you were able to use this die. Isn't it just the cutest.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  20. You clever girl you!!! Three amazing projects here Nikki! Thanks for showing the way!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love love this idea!!! Thanks so much Nikki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nikki, Your cards are AWESOME! I am in LOVE with the first one. and for some reason I can't help but smile at the Thank you card. AMAZING JOB! (As always)
    ~Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG those are so amazing.. I cannot WAIT to try this tonight when I crop!! OMG! Thank you!! I've seen people do this masking but you took it to a whole new level!! THANKS!!
    PS. are we allowed to share your post on our blog with direct links and credit to you? If so, please advise how you'd like me to do it.

    I'd love for you to visit my blog and follow if you dont mind. Thanks and {hugs!}
    Jen
    http://upcycledscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    jarendubois@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow these are all gorgeous, love the different effects of masking.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    -Jennifer
    http://justdahling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your cards, I'm always looking to see what you come up with next. You are soooooooooooooooo talented. TFS

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!