Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge 21

It's challenge time again! Challenge 21 is a little different, and there is a new judging "twist". The twist is that this challenge will be judged (not a random winner) by Kathy and the design team! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing all the wonderful projects that are entered, so check out the recipe for this challenge and GET CRAFTY!

Challenge Recipe

-Project can be in any format (with the exception of digital art, hybrid projects are totally fine)
-Must contain a vintage item, or be inspired by something vintage. Vintage item examples...an old valentine (like mine!), old love letter, old button, aged photo, old postcard..............
-Must contain at least one stamped image.

We will be judging projects based on the following
-interpretation
-quality of work
-original creativity of the project

phew, there...now head on over to the PKS Challenge Blog and join in on all the FUN!

Now I will explain some of the details of my project for this challenge...I "googled" vintage valentine and searched until I found this ADORABLE image, seriously, I just LOVE it! I double matted the image and then rounded the corners with the small side of my new We R Memory Keepers corner chomper (I highly recommend it). I punched the lace border with the Martha Stewart doily lace punch. I then layered ribbon on top of that, and then stapled ric rak (however you spell it LOL) on top of the ribbon. I cut the swirls with my Stretch Your Imagination cartridge and added bling to them. And lastly I pop dotted my stamped apples from the Faceless Fruit set that I gave faces using the Everyday Character Face Assortment. All the papers used are from the Basic Grey "cupcake" collection.

OH MY GOSH I almost forgot to tell you what the PRIZE is!!! The prize is a 25 dollar gift code to Peachy Keen Stamps!!! How AWESOME is that??!

Have a SCRAPTASTIC day!!!

Nikki

7 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki! This is wonderful! I LOVE your vintage valentine postcard, and the little apples are such a cute idea! Wonderfully inspiring!!

    Love and hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki,
    I love your Valentine! I almost used my apples to do something very similar. Love the papers you used and all the embellishments!
    Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. KA-NIKKI! This is just as cute as can be! I love the image you used and the apples fit the bill perfectly with the faces stamped on them! Your creativity amazes me! We are lucky to have YOU on our team! Thank you so much for your darling sample for this project!
    Lots of Love and Big Hugs!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really super card. You really hit the vintage touch right on. Great job and good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nikki, I love love love your card, it's so perfect for valentines day. Those retro valentines are the cutest!! Your apples are darling! Super Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!