Thursday, August 13, 2015

MCT Trending Now- Embossing


Hello! It's Trending Now day at MyCreativeTime. Today we are taking a look at embossing. I made 2  similar cards because my "practice" piece turned out pretty. :) For both cards I started by embossing the die from the Hey There Little Lady set into watercolor card stock that I had already cut with the Stitched Oval Dies. I used the Spellbinders tan embossing mat to emboss the die. Then I gold heat embossed the coordinating image from Hey There Little Lady. I used distress inks and water to paint the flowers for both cards. 


For this card I gold heat embossed the greeting from the My Thoughts Are With You set onto the banner from the Vintage Labels Dies. I gold heat embossed the Grainy Wood Background onto a panel cut with the Stitched Rectangular Frames And More Dies


For this card I again gold heat embossed a greeting from the My Thoughts Are With You set. I also used the Stitched Rectangular Frames And More Dies. I kept this card much more informal. I used a dot embossing folder to emboss the patterned paper I chose. {which I'm not sure I've done before and I super love the way it looks!} :)

Pop over to MyCreativeTime to see more embossed creations. 

♥ Nikki ♥





9 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Nikki your cards are so Gorgeous!! You really did awesome dry and heat embossing jobs...your water coloring is beautiful and love the gold heat embossing.
    You really did an outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Nikki! I love the embossing and you did an awesome job coloring. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the gold embossing and the water coloring is so pretty. The embossed dots look cool on the houndstooth. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful cards Nikki. I love every thing you did to each one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really pretty!! They are wonderful ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki ~ so far behind but here is my starting point ~ GORGEOUS cards! over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!