Monday, September 17, 2012

Wishing you comfort...

Hello and happy Monday to you! For my card today I spent a few hours painting with distress ink. I stamped this gorgeous Large Flower Background stamp from Hero Arts and white heat embossed it. I got my color palette inspiration from the current Hero Arts color challenge. For the flowers I used spiced marmalade and {believe it or not} aged mahogany.  My colors are more muted because I mixed my inks with perfect pearls and water. For the leaves and stems I used shabby shutters and crushed olive distress inks also mixed with perfect pearls and water. For the background I used antique linen and a little bit of worn lipstick to add a touch of pink. Here you can see the shine created from mixing my inks with perfect pearls and water...
It really is just beautiful in real life. I sure do love perfect pearls! I stamped the sentiment from the Floral Sentiments set from MyCreativeTime on vellum and white heat embossed it. To finish it off I added the butterflies from the 3 in 1 Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I added my favorite rocky candy stickles to them for some sparkle. 

And before I go...a little enabling ;)

Distress inks and reinkers are on sale super cheap over at Blitsy! YEAH! I am so glad I signed up...you get insane deals on fabulous crafty things! If  you sign up {it's free} through my link HERE you can help me to earn money towards future purchases...and then YOU can do the same for yourself by referring your friends....win win :) ......Blitsy currently has lots of other great stuff too...including glossy accents and enamel accents which are total must haves in my opinion. :) If you want to get in on the fabulous deals you should do so now, because when they're gone {blitsed out} they're gone! 


I hope you have a perfectly peachy day! Oh and check this out...

See you tomorrow! :)

♥ Nikki ♥





8 comments:

  1. Very elegant. I do love the white embossed sentiment.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Stampin' Up Ind. Demonstrator
    justbcreativecrazy@gmail.com
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Save~10% shop w/me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki ~ WOW! This is simply BEAUTIFUL! I am in total AWE! This is seriously GORGEOUS! This would be so comforting to receive during a very difficult time! WOW! LOVE that you stamped the sentiment on vellum and heat embossed it! I need to give this a try sometime! I can't even imagine how long this took too color but TOTALLY worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a BEAUTIFUL card Nikki!the colors are AMAZING:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Nikki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your delicate creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card turned out great.tfs

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!