Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Try Me Tuesday *Double Stamping*

Hiya! It's "Try Me Tuesday" over at MyCreativeTime. Today we are doing "Double Stamping". Basically just stamping one image over another. I made a totally simple set of note cards. I started by using the Stitched XL Label die to create a mask from some Post-It craft paper. Then for each card I used the Coffee Backgrounds set to first stamp the argyle in a light color, and then the text in a darker shade. Super easy! For this first card I used soft brown and cup of joe shadow inks. 
For this one I used Bubblegum and Raspberry Jam shadow inks.
And for this last one I used Soft Purple and Grape Juice shadow inks. 

Pop over to MyCreativeTime to see more projects. 

♥ Nikki ♥

p.s. Before I took the masks off the cards, I outlined them with a marker in the darker shade to define the edge of the die shape. :)


10 comments:

  1. WOW Nikkie all three of your cards are smokin' hot cappuccino style!!
    Awesome look and right up my alley cappuccino style'!! ( I heart coffee a cappuccino)
    Love the color inks you used and since I have both of these stamps I'm a gunna
    try it. Girl you are just so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, Nikki! The two stamps look awesome layered together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all 3...especially the purple one!! Love these 2 stamped backgrounds together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great double stamped cards ~ love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever to put these together like this. The look is so pretty. The argyle is one of my favorite MCT backgrounds. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL job with your cards and the double stamping technique Nikki!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nikki, double stamping and a mask technique...show off! lol! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW Nikki!!! These 2 stamps are AWESOME together! You know I am in AWE of how you mask things ~ BEAUTIFULL done plus I LOVE the monochromatic concept!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!