Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hello! Last week when my Nana was here visiting she was looking through the Sophie cricut cartridge and fell in love with this rose. So I cut it out and made a quick card for her to take home with her. I cut both layers of the rose out of white cardstock. I used tons of distress inks to color it up. Sorry, but I don't remember all of them. I then did some spritzing with copper perfect pearls and water in a mini mister.
I just quickly hand cut the leaves and stamped them with the Script Type Backgrounds from MyCreativeTime. I again used a bunch of distress inks to color them up. Flicked on some water while the ink was still really wet to get the splotchy look. I embossed the back panel with the Textile cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from the Gift Card Sentiments set also from MyCreativeTime


♥ Nikki ♥

p.s. sorry the pics look weird. 




12 comments:

  1. Love the flower....and the scripty stamped leaves! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet Nana loved it! ....I do! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid Blogger making my comment copy itself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nana has a good eye. That is a wonderful rose, the color turned out so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love this rose and the embossing is PERFECTION! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful card. I Love how you play with your inks. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!! Love the effect the inking and spritzing left!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAppy Birthday to your Nana! I BET she just LOVED her card! I just LOVE what you did with those leaves! Oh my goodness you have been one busy lady! I see a ton of posts I missed from the holiday! Okay instead of stalking your site for the day... you know I just ADORE all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your rose! love it that you made it for nana, too.

    marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure your Nana loved her Birthday card...I can see why she liked this flower. The embossed background is perfect.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!