Monday, November 3, 2014

Each snowflake is unique

Hiya! Today is day one of the Holiday Card Workshop class at OnlineCardClasses. I was inspired by Debby Hughes' card. She is seriously amazing. She made a card with a rounded tag, and the focus on the bottom left corner...so I did too. :) I used the Stitched Rectangular Frames And More set by MyCreativeTime for my card base and layer. I used the Just Tags set for my rounded tag. I dipped it in peacock feathers distress ink and water. Then I decided I wanted to dip it in gold...so I used Heidi Swapp Gold Lame color shine spray. It reactivated the distress ink, so the color changed. No biggie. I dig it. :) 
I die cut snowflakes with the Winter Flake Dies. I heat embossed them with Wow Ultra High Gold Rich embossing powder. I stamped and heat embossed the greeting from the You're So Cool set on the banner from the Stitched Vintage Labels Dies.  I added Gold Sparkle Lawn Fawn twine. 

Sorry about the crummy photos. It's freakishly dark. Freakishly early. Ahh, time change. 

♥ Nikki ♥ 


6 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Nikki!!! I'm hoping to get started on mine tonight! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Nikki!!! I love those colors you used!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful with the dipping and spatters. Fabulous job. I don't like this early dark change too much...I almost didn't get the lawn done :D
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. You did a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki ~ GORGEOUS creation here! LOVE this technique and now I want to sign up!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!