Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hello Shaker Card

Well hello there bloggy buddies. :) Lookie! I made a shaker card...shocker! ;) I have gotten super inspired by the Insider class at OnlineCardClasses this week...and also wanted to play along in the Little Tangles color challenge. 
I really love these colors together. Soft and pretty. I used the Stitched 3x4 Journal Die from MyCreativeTime to create my window through the card. I filled my shaker window with Lemon, Cotton Candy, and Crystal Clear sequins from Neat and Tangled. I stamped the "hello" from the Piles Of Smiles  set from MyCreativeTime with charcoal hero arts shadow ink. I stamped the "sending you sunshine" from the Everyday Sayings set from Hero Arts under it with Soft Granite shadow ink. 
When the card is closed, the sequins cover the little sun surprise on the inside of the card. :) That sun is from an old MarketStreetStamps set that is no longer available, sorry. 
See that sun peeking out at ya? tee hee. The face on the sun is from the July 2013 set from PeachyKeenStamps
When you open the card, the sequins rain down like sparkles from Heaven. HA! I ♥ sequins. 

I hope you're having a FABULOUS weekend! 

Nikki





23 comments:

  1. This is so clever... saw it on the Insider class gallery just this minute. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...and loved that class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, you are the queen of shaker cards, and this one is FABUOUS! I know you must have a tutorial somewhere; please, please, will you share it with us? These cards of you are just so darling! Thanks for inspiring!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card! Love it! Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...i love this card Nikki!! What an awesome shaker card! Love how you put the sentiment together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Love the sequins and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!! Love how you did the front so you see the sequins fall when you open it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shaker card- turning it into a window was an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this - sprinkles of sunshine! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. Loved the class as well, and love that i get inspired by student like you as well. I havent had the time to do more than day 1 yet, but just looked at the other classes now. So now i will but what i learned to use in my next few cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gasp. I love it!
    thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a creative and cheerful card, what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love how you used your MCT die and N&T sequins to create this beautiful shaker card. What a clever way to meet the color challenge :)
    I am so happy that you linked up at Little Tangles and I hope you will participate in our next challenge (starts Thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nikki this is amazing! You are a whiz with sequins! I have yet to attempt a shaker card!! LOL This one is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Little Tangles :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, girl. this shaker card is really amazing! love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shaker card is awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hubby was right...this was a wonderful shaker card. (I have not seen one you have made yet that was less than beautiful.) Super job and Congratulations!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cute and fun card. Think I will give it a try.
    Thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nikki ~ YEP ~ I LOVE it! The embossing is seriously AMAZING! Then you and those sequins ~ EEK! I must get me some! I love that sentiment "Hello" ~ I must pull that out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am going to CASE your card if that's ok - I'll reference you of course. I love this shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am going to CASE your card if that's ok - I'll reference you of course. I love this shaker card!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!