Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday

Hello. Today is Thoughtful Thursday at MyCreativeTime. Today we make creations using a thoughtful greeting. For my card today I got inky. VERY INKY. :) I made my own spray mists with distress ink reinkers and water in mini mister bottles. A dropper full in each bottle, and some water. I cut out some masks from Post-It paper with the Stitched Daisy Die from MyCreativeTime. I free hand cut the stems. I stuck them to my cardstock and started spraying. :)
As you can see, because the colors mixed, I got more colors than just the 3 I used. Score! :) To get the white splatters I squirted some white paint on my craft sheet and added lots of water. Then I dipped my paint brush in and tapped it over the cardstock to get the splatters. And here's what became of this inky piece...
I peeled up the masks and used a black marker to outline the flowers. Because the masks got really wet, you can see the stitching lines on the flowers. This looks extra cool in real life. :) 
The greeting is from the Vintage Sentiments set from MyCreativeTime. To finish it off, I added some Crystal Clear sequins from Neat And Tangled

I really super love how this turned out! :) Pop over to MyCreativeTime to see more creations!

♥ Nikki ♥





10 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is GORGEOUS! I will definately be giving this a go. Thanks for sharing..Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cool and great tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I need to try inking this summer. You always make the prettiest cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ink master! !! Love it doll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The orange and green are just as vibrant as the pure ones. I wonder if the masks could be used for another card? Beautiful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I really love this card. The white paint really finished it off. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!