Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Masking with Peachy Keen Stamps


Hello! Nikki here with a photo tutorial on masking. The bright green paper is Post-It Craft Paper. It's sticky all over like a Post-It note. I stamped the haunted house from the September 2012 set and drew in a bigger hill with pencil. I used a circle die to cut out a circle that will become my moon. So I have now made two masks. I'm using patterned paper from the September Peachy Picks Kit
I used the Cloudy Day Background stamp to make a spooky sky. I inked it up with pumice stone distress ink and misted it with water in a mini mister to get a splotchy look. I think it adds to the spooky factor.
I removed the circle mask and added the "negative" mask. Now it's time to color the moon.
I inked the moon with distress inks in mustard seed, wild honey, and ripe persimmon. I blended the colors on with an ink blending tool and the blending foam pad. I then drew around the circle with a black marker to make it stand out from the background. Remove the mask and this is what we have...
Bam! A spooky moon! :) And now it's time to stamp some more...
I know this looks a little crazy, but it will turn out cool...I swear! I cut a longer sidewalk out of the "negative" mask so I could have a gray sidewalk. Inked over it with a black marker. And from there I did some trimming and some more stamping and here is the finished card...
Tada! What started off looking crazy came together. I stamped some bats from the Dress Me Ghost set. And the sentiment is from the September 2012 set. 
The patterned papers are from the September Peachy Picks Kit. The gray was just a little off from the ink I used, but no problem, I just inked right over it with distress ink for a perfect match. And here is another card I did using this same technique...
For this one I used a larger circle for the moon, but everything else is the same. I stamped the witch from the September 2012 on the moon I created by masking. 
The patterned papers on this one are also from the September Peachy Picks Kit.

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial on masking! Have a Perfectly Peachy day!

♥ Nikki ♥















15 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous...great technique for the moon and background! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing the masking technique! Your cards turned out awesome. Love the moon!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique Nikki!your cards are FANTASTIC as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki ~ Oh WOW!! you know I ADORE how you mask!!! Always in AWE!! Both of these cards are SPOOKTACULAR!!! Oh the second card ~ LOVE the background paper too!!! Awesome tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are so cute! Thnak you for taking the time to show us your technique:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. What a great job. TFS.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE both of these! I seriously wanna be just like you. :) Everything you do is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the projects and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR taking the time to explain!! You're da bomb!! MISS YOU!! :)Love ya! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects are super masking jobs. Similar but very different. I love the music is Witches Dance in the paper. Very nice job on the tutorial...the pictures are great.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card...Thanks for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are are FANTASTIC!!!Love it!I might just have to borrow that technique..the spooky moon!
    Enjoy your day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards!!! Great technique, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow. I've gotta try this. Fabulous. Thanks so much for the pic tuturial.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  14. nikki, both cards are amazing! I think you need to do a video to show dummy's like me! lol!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!