Monday, September 24, 2012

Thank You

Hello! I am taking the Kick Start class at Online Card Classes and I am SO INSPIRED from it daily! Today we were to challenge ourselves, so I did. I followed the color challenge from the current Hero Arts contest. I cut out the label shapes and the fern from the Hero Arts Silhouette store. I love that I have the stamp that matches the fern! :) I colored the cut out fern with crushed olive distress ink and stamped it with the Friend Definition stamp also with crushed olive distress ink. I love the subtle tone on tone look. I inked up the top label with ripe persimmon distress ink and stamped over it with the Friend Definition and that same ink. 
For the background, I inked it up with seedless preserves ink, and stamped over it with the same ink and the Three Ferns Stamp from Hero Arts. I really love how this card turned out! I'm excited to try my hand at the Hero Arts contest again. :)

I hope you're having a great day!
♥ Nikki ♥


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the very large leaves/fronds...really neat! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiki ~ Oh WOW! This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the color combination! You are the master at the backgrounds! Winner in my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, bold color combining, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Beautiful Nikki! Kristina & Jennifer are Awesome instructors. Great Job. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the stamping of the same color over the inking...was it white to begin with? Beautiful card and technique.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Nikki!! Love the bold colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki your card is just stunning! I love every single detail of it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!