Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thinking of you

Hello. Yesterday I got some happy mail from my friend and DT sista Shar. THANKS SHAR!!! She made and sent me two of these pretty rosettes! As soon and I saw the little perforation marks I knew exactly what stamp was just screaming to be used so I went and got the adorable Hearts a Plenty background stamp from MarketStreetStamps.com.  I also just happened to have my aged mahogany distress ink out and it matched that button perfectly! SCORE! ;)
The sentiment is from the Vintage Greetings set from PinkByDesign. OH "tip alert"!!! Speaking of distress ink..... It can sometimes be hard to get a good stamped impression when using distress inks, but here is a tip to remedy the problem! Before inking up with distress ink...ink up your stamp with embossing ink first! The embossing ink acts a little like glue to help hold the distress ink on. :)

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

♥ Nikki ♥

8 comments:

  1. How super cute!! The colors are perfect!! :) So glad they worked out for you. Love this!!!!

    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip about the embossing ink an distress inks...and I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty; love the paper. It's clean and simple. Love it!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautiful! And how sweet of Shar too. I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so stinkin' pretty and thanks a million for the great inking tip....you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tip, your card is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. You always have great tips to share. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is really pretty!! love the look of the glimmer mist on the rosette!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!